No matter if you want to access Web services while traveling abroad, or if you want to unblock South Korean websites from anywhere, you will need to acquire an IP address associated with this country. Lucky for you, this is a relatively easy task – if you know which tool to use. Based on our experience, the easiest and most effective way this can be done is by using a VPN. With this said, we are going to teach you how to get a South Korea IP address in 2019.
As you probably know, South Korea is home to the world’s most impressive technological achievements. This country ranks incredibly high when it comes to both mobile and fixed broadband Web connection speeds. However, there are some worrying developments that should prompt you to protect your privacy. First of all, there’s a new and stricter Internet control law in this country, providing the government with an in-depth view of your personal Web browsing. Then, you should know that South Korea has increased its efforts of piracy fighting in 2019, which includes monitoring and domain blocking as well.
In other words, there are ways for South Korean ISPs to track your online whereabouts and this is precisely where VPNs come into play. Aside from helping you get a South Korean IP address, these applications also help you become invisible online. They eliminate trackers and encrypt your Web connection, helping you preserve your right to privacy.
So, here’s how to get a South Korea IP address in 3 simple steps:
- First, you’ll need to find a reliable VPN – and we’re here to help. We’ll begin our list of recommendations with ExpressVPN, but we’ll give you some alternatives as well.
- Then, proceed to sign-up for the chosen VPN. Once you have your credentials, you can download and install the application on your device of choice.
- And lastly, you need to connect to a server in South Korea. As soon as you do this, you will get an IP address associated with this country.
Step 1 – Find a Reliable & Effective VPN Service
The first step is also the most crucial one. Based on our experience of testing plenty of VPN services, we strongly believe that you should consider the following three options.
In simple terms – there’s no better option than ExpressVPN right now. This is a highly reputable VPN service that’s been on the market for many years now. And during all those years, there wasn’t a single incident that could prove that ExpressVPN doesn’t truly and honestly care about its customers.
As you can see in our ExpressVPN review, there are plenty of interesting things here. First of all, you get incredibly strong encryption and a nice set of ultra-secure VPN protocols. Then, there are over 3,000 servers, some of which are found in South Korea as well. You can use these to browse the Web, unblock websites, stream media, download torrents, and more. On top of this, you can also get reliable and stable performance, with close to minimal throttling. All in all, this is the best option if you’re looking to get a South Korea IP address right now.
2. CyberGhost VPN
Then, there’s CyberGhost, which comes from Europe (Romania). This is a VPN that’s known for its ease of use, as well as its presence across a large number of devices and platforms. You get 7 simultaneous connections, more than 5,000 servers, and these are located in more than 90 countries. In other words, this is one of the best offers on the market.
In terms of getting a South Korea IP address, know that CyberGhost VPN offers 12 servers in this country. Even though these are physically located in South Korea, you can’t use them for P2P file downloading. However, if you’re into P2P, there are plenty of other servers to pick. You also get top-of-the-line protection for your data and a whole slate of advanced features. To learn about these, make sure to read our CyberGhost VPN review.
The final recommendation of this article is Panama-based NordVPN. This is certainly one of the best-known VPNs on the market, backed up an aggressive marketing strategy. However, it’s not all about marketing with this VPN, as it truly delivers on its promises.
NordVPN is known for offering more than 5,000 servers, many of which come with special functions. For example, we’re talking about obfuscated servers – in case you need to fight against strong anti-VPN measures. These are also P2P servers, as well as those that offer a ‘double VPN’ feature. In general, NordVPN strikes the right balance between simplicity and complexity, which is why we often recommend it to complete beginners. To dive deeper, here’s our NordVPN review.
Step 2 – Become a VPN Subscriber
The next step requires you to get a VPN subscription. Considering that our strong recommendation is ExpressVPN, we’ll show you to subscribe to this VPN and later on – how to use it.
- So, go ahead and subscribe to ExpressVPN. Click on the link we’ve provided, and you’ll end up on the VPN’s website. There, click on any of the big red buttons to continue.
- Select a subscription that fits your needs and your budgets. At the moment, there’s a special promotion on its annual plan, giving you an additional three extra months. Of course, you won’t make a mistake no matter which of these plans you select. However, we do recommend going with a long-term plan if you’re looking to save some money.
- Finally, fill out the required information – which includes your email address and your payment details. Once done, you will receive an email from this VPN’s team, which is when you can proceed to the final step.
Step 3 – Get a South Korea IP Address
What’s left is to download and install ExpressVPN. And then, you will use this VPN when you want to change your IP address. Here’s how this is done.
- Log-in to your newly created account by visiting ExpressVPN’s website. You can click on ‘My Account’, found at the top of the homepage of the website.
- Once you log-in, ExpressVPN will offer you to download its application. So, go ahead and proceed to download this file. While you’re here, don’t forget to copy your activation code, which you’ll need soon enough.
- Install ExpressVPN by following the instructions you’ll see on your screen. This is a fairly typical installation procedure, which should be done in under a minute. Then, open the application and paste the activation code to log-in.
- Lastly, click on the button labeled ‘Current Location’. Using the newly opened window, double-click on ‘South Korea’ and the VPN will do the rest. Within a few moments, your Web connection will be secured, and you’ll get a South Korea IP address along the way.