Looking to download Google Chrome for offline installation? Here this post we have updated Google Chrome 80.0.3987.87 offline installer 64 bit and 32-bit links. Recently on 04 February 2020, the stable version of Google Chrome 80 released for everyone include iOS, Android, Chrome OS, Linux, Mac, and Windows.
How to upgrade to Chrome 80
If you are already running Chrome browser, the latest version 80.0.3987.87 download and install Automatically. Also, you can manually update chrome browser from settings -> about chrome. Or you can simply type chrome://settings/help on address and press enter key to update chrome 80.
Google Chrome 80.0.3987.87 Features
Talking about chrome 80 features, the latest release includes new features such as a new secure-by-default cookie classification system, auto-upgraded mixed content, text URL fragments, SVG favicons, and more.
SameSite cookie changes
Until today, Chrome allowed all cookie files to load uninhibited, regardless of the web domain that created the cookie and the website where the cookie was being loaded from. But Starting with Chrome 80 the browser only loads cookies that have been created and loaded on the from the same domain — known as first-party cookies or same-site cookies.
According to Google, only cookies set as SameSite=None; Secure will be available in third-party contexts, with the condition of being accessed from secure connections.
Auto upgrading mixed content
For the subject of security and privacy, the latest Chrome 80 will now auto upgrade mixed content (HTTP content on HTTPS sites) by changing the URL to HTTPS, as opposed to blocking the content altogether. Well, its only impact audio and video content where mixed images will still load but the Omnibox will marl the site as ‘note secure’.
In Chrome 81, coming in April, mixed images will be autoupgraded to HTTPS. If they fail to load over HTTPS, Chrome will block them by default.
Chrome notification popup updates
Starting with Chrome 80, Google has also changed how Chrome handles notification popups, which many websites have been recently abusing to spam their users. Going forward, sites won’t be able to annoy users with notification popups anymore, and all notification requests will be hidden and contained under an icon in the Chrome URL address bar.
Support for SVG images
Chrome 80 also adds support for using scalable SVG images as favicons which should reduce the number of such resources required for a website or app.
The latest Chrome version also enables authors and users to link to a specific portion of a webpage by adding a text fragment from the page to the website URL.
Developer tools changes
Chrome 80 also comes with a selection of DevTools changes and improvements including but not limited to:
- Support for let and class redeclarations
- Improved WebAssembly debugging
- Network Panel updates
- Request Initiator Chains in the Initiator tab
- URL and path columns in the Network panel
- Updated User-Agent strings
- New configuration UI
- Per-function or per-block coverage modes
A detailed blog post on what’s new in Chrome 80’s developer tools is available here.
The company says this update also includes 56 security fixes, including several high severity security patches.
Chrome 80 for Android:
Chrome 80 for Android is rolling out slowly on Google Play. The changelog is the following.
- Quieter notifications: You can see fewer notification requests with a new permission option.
- SameSite cookies: By default, cookies are treated as same-site only.
- Secure media: Insecure audio and video on secure pages are automatically upgraded to secure connections.
Chrome 80 for iOS:
Chrome 80 for iOS is rolling out on Apple’s App Store. It includes two improvements:
- When you start a search in the address bar, you’ll see top suggestions served locally on your device, even in Incognito mode.
- Fix for crashes related to save password info bar settings and Navigation Handler
Chrome 80 Features Video tutorial
Download Google Chrome v80
Important to know! The offline installer links do not include the automatic update feature.
- Download: Google Chrome Offline Installer 32-bit | 54.6 MB
Download: Google Chrome Offline Installer 64-bit | 55.6 MB
- Download web installer: Google Chrome Web 32-bit | Google Chrome 64-bit | Freeware.
- Download: Google Chrome MSI Installers for Windows (automatic update)