The Amazon Fire tablet, formerly known as the Kindle Fire, can not only be used for reading but also for browsing and streaming. Unfortunately, a combination of region-locked content and, in some cases, ISP throttling limits what you can do. The good news is that you can bypass such restrictions with a Fire tablet VPN, allowing you to get more out of your device. Below, we’ll let you know what exactly a VPN is, and which are the best VPNs for Amazon Fire tablet.
Short for Virtual Private Network, a VPN is a service that lets you browse the web anonymously. It does this by encrypting your internet traffic and routing it through the VPN’s own servers. What’s more, as you can choose the location you connect to, it’s possible to spoof your location and access region-locked platforms like Amazon Prime Video even if you don’t live in the required country.
While we’ll cover each of the best VPNs for Amazon Fire tablet in more detail later, here’s a quick summary just in case you’re short of time.
Best VPNs for Fire tablet:
- ExpressVPN: The best VPN for Amazon Fire tablet. User-friendly app for Fire tablet. Fast, reliable servers and strong unblocking abilities. Very strong security.
- CyberGhost: Best budget VPN. Over 5,000 servers in 90 countries. High-speed servers and easy-to-use apps for Fire devices. Includes a strict no-logs policy.
- NordVPN: Huge network of servers and unblocks the likes of Netflix and Disney+. Servers optimized for P2P and streaming. Many security features to protect your privacy.
- IPVanish: Very easy to use on Amazon Fire tablet. Allows up to 10 simultaneous connections. Servers in dozens of countries and a zero-logs policy for your security.
- PrivateVPN: Very fast VPN for streaming. Strong unblocking ability and user-friendly apps. Very strong security thanks to no-logs policy and use of encryption.
- Surfshark: Excellent apps and browser extensions. Unlimited simultaneous connections. No-logs VPN with plenty of security features including encryption.
- VyprVPN: Compatible with Fire tablet. Unblocks streaming services including Netflix US and Amazon Prime Video. Independently audited to prove it doesn’t keep logs.
When coming up with our list of the best VPNs for your Fire tablet, we looked for VPNs based on the following criteria:
- App compatible with Amazon Fire tablet
- Fast servers for browsing and streaming
- Network of servers across dozens of countries
- Protects your privacy with encryption and a no-logs policy
- Includes money-back guarantee so you can try risk-free
- Offers 24/7 live chat and email support
Best VPNs for Amazon Fire tablet
Here’s our list of the best VPNs for the Fire tablet:
ExpressVPN stands out as the best VPN for Amazon Fire tablet thanks to its speed, reliability, and its dedicated app for Amazon Fire. This service has over 3,000 servers in an impressive 94 countries, so it’s a great choice for unblocking region-locked websites and services worldwide. In particular, ExpressVPN unblocks streaming services including Netflix, Disney+, and Amazon Prime Video. The fast, consistent connections mean you can stream without having to worry about buffering or lag.
If you’re new to VPNs, you’ll appreciate how quick and easy it is to connect to a server. What’s more, there’s live chat support which you can contact 24/7 in case of any problems. ExpressVPN keeps you safe online in a number of ways. For instance, there is 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and protection from DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leaks. You also have the option to pay with Bitcoin for added anonymity. ExpressVPN is headquartered in the British Virgin Islands which has no data retention requirements and as such, it logs no personally identifiable information.
Aside from the app for Amazon Fire devices, ExpressVPN offers apps for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS. You can also download Chrome and Firefox browser extensions as well as firmware for routers.
- Easy-to-use app for Amazon Fire tablet
- Fast, consistent speeds for streaming
- More than 3,000 servers in 94 countries
- Unblocks Netflix, Disney+, and Amazon Prime Video
- Offers 24/7 live chat support
- Very secure thanks to its use of encryption
- More expensive than rivals VPNs
BEST VPN FOR AMAZON FIRE TABLET:ExpressVPN is our top choice. Very easy to use with Amazon Fire tablet. Fast and reliable servers and excellent at unblocking. Uses encryption and offers 24/7 live chat support. The 30-day money-back guarantee allows you to try it out risk-free.
CyberGhost has dedicated apps available for Amazon Fire tablets, Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick. This VPN has grown to become one of the largest providers on the market with well over 5,000 servers in 90 countries. Aside from quantity, CyberGhost offers excellent quality with fast speeds and unlimited bandwidth. Streaming is seamless without the frustrations of lag and buffering. Furthermore, this VPN unblocks both Netflix US and BBC iPlayer.
It’s worth knowing that a single CyberGhost subscription allows you to connect up to seven devices simultaneously. Another reason to consider this VPN is that it’s highly secure. It offers a strict no-logs policy, 256-bit AES encryption, and DNS and IPv6 leak protection. There’s also an automatic kill switch which ensures your data isn’t compromised should the VPN connection drop. 24/7 support is available over live chat, just in case.
You can use CyberGhost on Amazon Fire TV/Fire Stick, Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. There’s also an app for Android TV and browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox. Manual setup is required for Linux and routers.
- Dedicated apps for Amazon Fire devices
- A huge network of over 5,000 servers
- Very fast for uninterrupted streaming
- Works with Netflix US and BBC iPlayer
- Secures your data with encryption and a strict no-logs policy
- Doesn’t work reliably in China
BEST BUDGET VPN:CyberGhost offers excellent value for money and works well with Amazon Fire devices. Very fast for streaming and highly secure with a strict no-logs policy. It allows up to seven simultaneous connections and offers 24/7 support. Includes a 45-day money-back guarantee.
NordVPN makes it easy to unblock geo-blocked content wherever you are. This is thanks to its network of over 5,200 servers in 59 countries. You can connect to these servers via a wide range of apps, including NordVPN’s Android app which is compatible with Fire tablet. The respectable speeds allow for consistent streaming of Netflix, Disney+, and more. Indeed, this is also a P2P-friendly service, providing P2P servers that are optimized for file sharing.
From downloading and installing to using NordVPN’s apps, you’re unlikely to encounter many problems. The user-friendly design and 24/7 live chat support make this a good choice for novices. When it comes to protecting your privacy, NordVPN doesn’t compromise. Aside from 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and a kill switch, there’s a strict no-logs policy. You can even connect to Double VPN servers for twice the level of encryption.
- Compatible with Amazon Fire tablet
- 5,200 servers for unblocking content worldwide
- Stream Netflix, Disney+, and more
- Live chat support available 24/7
- Security includes strict no-logs policy and Double VPN servers
- Not the fastest VPN on the market
IMPRESSIVE SERVER NETWORK:NordVPN offers over 5,200 servers in total. Unblocks lots of popular streaming services including Netflix. Highly accessible apps and 24/7 live chat support. Security features include Double VPN servers. 30-day money-back guarantee.
IPVanish is very easy to install on any Amazon Fire device, be it your Amazon Fire tablet or Fire TV. One of the faster VPNs available, you can use it for everyday browsing or (thanks to its decent unblocking ability) streaming your favorite TV shows. One standout feature of IPVanish is that it allows up to 10 simultaneous connections — more than most VPNs on the market. For this reason, it’s well worth considering if you’re planning on sharing your VPN with family.
When you use this VPN, you can rest safe in the knowledge that your data is secure. After all, IPVanish uses 256-bit AES encryption. Further security features include DNS leak protection, traffic scrambling, and a kill switch feature. Just as important, IPVanish states that it offers a strict no-logs policy, providing you with near-complete online anonymity. Need help? This VPN offers 24/7 live chat-based support.
Sign up for IPVanish and you can download the app for Amazon Fire devices. Apps are also available for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. You can manually configure IPVanish for use with routers and Linux systems.
- Easy to install on Amazon Fire tablet
- Lets you connect up to 10 devices simultaneously
- Good speeds for everyday browsing and streaming
- Protects your privacy with its no-logs policy
- 24/7 live chat support available
- Headquartered in US – a Five Eyes alliance member
- Doesn’t offer the option to pay in Bitcoin
GOOD SERVER SPEEDS:IPVanish is a fast and reliable VPN for Amazon Fire tablet. Lets you connect up to 10 devices simultaneously. A network of servers across 60 countries. Includes all of the essential security features for your online security. 7-day money-back guarantee.
PrivateVPN is a high-speed VPN service with servers in 60 countries. Its fast speeds and unlimited bandwidth means it’s a great choice for streaming and torrenting. This VPN has excellent unblocking ability, meaning you’ll be able to use it with Netflix, Disney+, and HBO, to name a few streaming services. PrivateVPN allows up to six simultaneous connections per account which means you can secure everything from your Amazon Fire tablet to Android or iOS device.
Using the PrivateVPN apps is as simple as clicking to connect to a server. However, live chat support is available should you have any questions. In fact, there’s even remote help and installation. PrivateVPN’s security offering consists of 256-bit AES encryption, protection against DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leaks, and an automatic kill switch. There’s also a no-logs policy, the option to pay in Bitcoin, and a “Stealth VPN” feature for bypassing particularly strict VPN blocks.
You can use PrivateVPN via the apps for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. However, you’ll need to follow manual setup instructions for Linux and routers.
- Compatible with Amazon Fire tablet
- Very fast servers for lag and buffer-free streaming
- Unblocks streaming services including Netflix
- Enjoy anonymity by paying in Bitcoin
- Limited selection of apps (and no browser extensions)
- A small network of only 100 servers
EXCELLENT UNBLOCKING:PrivateVPN offers unlimited bandwidth and beginner-friendly apps. Unblocks many major streaming services including Netflix and lets you have up to six simultaneous connections. Keeps your data secure with encryption. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Surfshark is unlike most other VPNs in that it lets you connect an unlimited number of devices simultaneously. You’ll be able to use Surfshark to unblock content worldwide thanks to the servers in 61 countries. In particular, it works well with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu. Servers are very reliable with little to no downtime. You can even find P2P servers for high-speed torrenting and MultiHop servers which give you an extra layer of security.
This VPN is packed with features, making it an attractive option for Amazon Fire tablets. The apps and browser extensions are user-friendly and highly responsive. Surfshark also offers live chat and email support, available 24/7. This is a highly secure service that has been independently audited to prove it doesn’t keep any logs. There’s also 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and protection from DNS leaks. A good selection of payment methods is available, including the option to pay in cryptocurrency.
A Surfshark account gives you access to apps for the following: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and Amazon Fire TV/Fire Stick. Chrome and Firefox browser extensions are also available. Manual installation is required for use with routers.
- Can be used with a variety of devices including Fire tablet
- Lets you connect an unlimited number of devices at once
- Beginner-friendly with easy-to-use apps and 24/7 support
- Keeps your data private with its strict no-logs policy
- Doesn’t have the biggest server network
- Occasionally slow speeds
SECURE ALL DEVICES:Surfshark is a strong-all rounder that allows unlimited simultaneous connections. Variety of easy-to-use apps and browser extensions. Highly secure service with a no-logs policy and Double VPN servers. 30-day money-back guarantee.
VyprVPN was the first major VPN to launch in the Amazon Appstore and works well with all Fire devices. It offers good, reliable speeds and a network of approximately 700 servers across dozens of countries. You’ll find servers in eight different US cities for easy unblocking of Netflix US, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu. VyprVPN also lets you connect up to five devices at once.
When it comes to security, VyprVPN stands out for having been independently audited to prove that it’s a no-logs VPN. This, combined with 256-bit AES encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and a kill switch, makes VyprVPN a strong choice for any privacy-focused user. If you need help, you can reach customer support over live chat, 24 hours per day.
You can use VyprVPN on your Fire devices while there are also apps for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. It’s also possible to manually configure VyprVPN for use with Linux and routers.
- The first VPN to launch in the Amazon Appstore
- Unblocks popular streaming services such as Netflix
- Independently audited no-logs VPN
- Customer support via live chat, 24/7
- Doesn’t accept Bitcoin
- Discourages torrenting
NO-LOGS VPN:VyprVPN is an independently audited no-logs VPN that keeps you safe online using its powerful security features. Very easy-to-use Amazon Fire tablet app. Unblock Netflix US, Amazon Prime Video, and more. 30-day money-back guarantee.
How to use a VPN with Amazon Fire tablet
Not sure how to go about using a VPN with your Amazon Fire tablet? Read the instructions below to get yourself set up with a VPN in no time.
Here’s how to use a VPN for Amazon Fire Tablet:
- Sign up for a VPN that works with Amazon Fire tablet. We particularly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN’s Fire tablet app. You can find this in the Amazon Appstore.
- Connect to a server in the country from which you want to browse. For example, you can connect to a US server to get a US IP address.
- You can now browse securely and unblock region-locked content! If you’re still encountering restrictions, it’s worth clearing your browser’s cookies.
Note that some VPN apps are not available on the Amazon Appstore. In this case, you can do the following to sideload the VPN onto your Amazon Fire tablet:
- Go to Settings – Security – Apps from unknown sources. Toggle this on.
- Download the APK file from the VPN’s website. Important: do not download APK files from unofficial sources as there’s no easy way of telling if they’re safe.
- Install ES File Explorer from Amazon Appstore (it’s free).
- Open ES File Explorer and find the VPN’s APK file. Click Install.
Can I use a free VPN with an Amazon Fire tablet?
There aren’t many free VPNs that are compatible with Amazon Fire devices. Besides, free VPNs pose a number of problems that means they’re rarely worth your time. For starters, the average free VPN offers very few servers. This makes it difficult to unblock geo-restricted content from certain countries. It also means that server speeds are very slow. This becomes particularly problematic and noticeable when streaming.
While there are some free VPNs on the Amazon Appstore, many are actually just very limited versions of paid VPNs. Others may genuinely be free but come at a price — at the expense of your online privacy! One common example is free VPNs that log your data (including your browsing data), selling it to third parties. Fortunately, all of the above VPNs include a money-back guarantee which means you can test them out on your Amazon Fire tablet, risk-free.